Sunday, October 25, 2009

Life has gone by.... FAST!!!

As I looked at my last entry, I just realized that I'm on either side of the largest "candy-holidays" of the planet... Easter and Halloween!

Easter is a candy holiday - as much as it needs to be about Christ, His Life, Death, and Resurrection, it ultimately turns into a candy holiday... chocolate bunnies, chocolate covered marshmallows in all forms now, and something else that I've sadly realized is that much like Christmas, it now has a "Spring" flair to it. We can't really be PC and say "Merry Christmas" so now it's "Holidays" or "Winter" or other form of anti-predjuicial statement. I'm Christian! I believe in Christ! I can say, "Merry Christmas!" I have the freedom of speech! I can also say, "Happy Easter" because I STILL have the freedom of speech! I might not win the Nobel Peace Prize, but hey, I guess with the most recent winner, I COULD be in the running... the world just doesn't know what I can do in 100 days!!!!! :)

Okay - so this is not about Easter, Christmas, Politics, it's about CANDY! Yep - that's right....the glory of sugarly drunkeness. See - Halloween IS the candy holiday. It's not really a holiday at all - it's just a sick and demented way for people to send their kids out into neighborhoods that they would normally not go in and see if they can "get the good stuff." Then, as they are driving to the next neighborhood, they empty their buckets into their pillowcases so that it seems like they've just gotten started when they hit the new set of streets! That's what I call, "Legalized Home Invasion." These monsters, devils, ballerinas, robots, animals.... CRAZIES.... all dress up and invade you... ring your doorbell and demand candy. "Trick or Treat." "oh yeah - what's your trick?" Here's a trick for you... make your candy last until EASTER!!! HAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Okay - so I've cured that cancer at my house... know what I do? (I learned this trick from a wise and dear friend...) The kids go trick or treating - they can be out for as long as they want - beat the streets for hours - come home, and eat all the candy they want! THEN - they get a little sandwich baggie (hee hee...) and they can keep that much candy. THEN, they put the rest of it out for the GREAT PUMPKIN! and guess what magically happens? The Great Pumpkin changes all the candy into a book! I know - it was somewhat disappointing for my kids the first year, but you can kind of wean them into it slowly - like "accidentally" leave a couple pieces of candy in the bag, or put a little "toy" of some kind with the book. GENIUS!

~~There's a slight break in this entry ~ you see it is now November 29, so I'm finishing this post, and then will post again~~~
XO ~Heidi

1 comment:

Matt and Melinda Bailey said...

You always manage to make me laugh with your funny insights! I love it!