Monday, May 18, 2009

As Life Goes By...

Well, my friends... it has been a while since I posted any kind of "Real" update, hasn't it? So, consider this part of my pentance? and here goes... pictures will have to be later, because my camera battery is DEAD.

So, April 10 was the last that I posted - since then... as I peruse my calendar, I notice quite a bit, actually...
We had a fun Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. Kids got plenty of candy, and "stuff" and we had a nice weekend. We enjoyed a lovely Easter dinner with family - Critchfields, Thomas' & of course, Grandma/Grandpa. We had a fun Easter Egg Hunt for the kids at Grandmas, too.

Then, the rest of the week happened, but at the END of the week we had a fun Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser for the Young Women/Young Men in our ward. Dinner is usually followed by a silent dessert auction - which held tradition this year. It was a fun evening.

We had Stake Conference that weekend, too. It was the broadcast one to most of the State of Idaho.

Um... what else?? I started working one day per week at The Import Outlet. I started working with them a while ago (I don't know that I updated on all of this)...
Okay - so, I started working with them during March sometime on getting vinyl products into their retail store. I have so enjoyed getting to know the owners of the store. There are 4 couples who are all owners. I work on Fridays... so I started working on Fridays during the month of April. I've had a few things sell - hopefully with some more advertising and marketing, more stuff will sell. :)

I had a piano recital for my 12 piano students on Monday, May 27. I'm excited about piano lessons, as I'm going to start teaching using the Keyboard Gymnastics lesson plan/s. It is such a good program. I'm very excited.

We took a quick, but very much needed trip to Burley for Emily's wedding reception. It was so nice to see most of my sisters, and extended family.

Halle had a very nice 1st grade program during the day of May 1st. Their songs were so good, and I just LOVE - LOVE - LOVE school stuff like that. Love it.

I wish I would have finished college to be a music instructor. I would just be in heaven right now... finding a teaching job like that. But, then I wouldn't be doing vinyl lettering which I just love too...

Well - that takes us into May... Where we are now...
I guess I should update on Roman's job and such...
Roman is working with Mass Mutual, and is selling Financial Life products. He is selling insurance - Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plans, Disability Insurance, Business Insurance... he did license for something else (I can't remember all the details).
So, now he is "officially" on what they call the "B Contract." He has to sell 5 plans (or 1 plan for 5 people) to get onto the "A Contract." Once he is on the "A Contract" he will qualify for benefits, and most importantly, start getting paid! So - if any of you out there need any kind of FINANCIAL product, please, please, please... see Roman first.
We are in our 4th month without a paycheck (I don't think unemployment counts as a paycheck though...) and we are really starting to feel the effects of it.

And, most recently, we have decided to start a garden! Yes - a real garden! We have been working like crazy the last few weeks in our yard - trying to get it all ready for the warm weather... moved some plants around - got some other plant planted, and hopefully we will have a fountain of color and beauty here in the next few weeks. Our hostas are starting to come up, same with the Lily of the Valley, some other Lillies, and of course our day lillies. I like lillies - can you tell? We also planted some violets, but I haven't seen signs of them yet.
In our desire to of follow the Prophet, we have decided to venture into vegetable gardening! I already planted some pumpkins, and we are going to (hopefully) finish, or get a huge portion done, for Family Home Evening tonight.
On our list of things to plant... Tomatoes: Roma, Early Girl, Cherry & Yellow Pear, Lettuce, Peas, Carrots, Radishes, Squash, Zuchhini, Cucumbers. I might get a green pepper plant and try that, but I'm not too sure about that yet.

Oh, I guess this is something "noteable" (HA - no pun intended) about my Piano Teaching Adventure... a music club that I belong to, the Boise Tuesday Musicale, has elected me as the President-Elect/1st Vice president for 2009-10, and I will be President in 2010-11. I feel quite honored, and somewhat inadequate, but I also feel like Heavenly Father has prepared me for something like this in my life right now.

I haven't read much since Roman got laid off... I guess I'm too distracted by other things... I've tried Katherine, The Uglies, The Diary of Anne Frank, and all I really get to read is the Ensign. I guess that's a good alternative anyway.

Love you all,
Heidi

No comments: