Friday, February 13, 2009

Looking for work

Hi friends,
There's no easy way to say this, so I'll cut right to the chase... Roman was laid off from his job today.
He was working for SOS Staffing as an Account Manager, and since the economy has tanked, there are no jobs for him to find for other people. Consequently, the higher-ups start to panic, and then the ax starts to fall. About a month ago, they put both hourly people at his office on reduced hours; and now the ax has fallen further.
Consequently, we are casting our net FAR and WIDE in a networking strategy.

Roman is very employable; he has a BS degree in Political Science from Utah State University, and an MBA from Northwest Nazarene University. He has 10+ years experience in sales, but would prefer to be out of the sales industry if at all possible. He is looking for something more along the lines of Project Management/ management/administration, and is very versatile in several fields, such as Human Resources, Marketing, Business Development, Public Relations, Government Relations, Research, and the list goes on.

If you hear of anything, PLEASE let us know - more than that, please let the person you heard it from know, and THEN tell us. :)

He was not offered a severance package, so we are immediately pinched. We have started our taxes, so hopefully we will get a refund, but that is not going to last long... and it depends on when we get it, too.

I am teaching piano lessons, and will make room for as many students as possible... I currently have 12, and probably the maximum I could take is 24. I charge $60 per month per student, for 30 minute lessons, once per week. Materials/Books are additional, and I do charge a one-time per semester fee of $20 per student as a library fee. Generally speaking, I do not offer make up lessons, or pro-rated tuition based on attendance.
I am a VERY good teacher (if I do say so myself!) ;)

I am also still running my vinyl lettering business, Got Something 2 Say. I also am VERY skilled and capable in such areas as Home Decor/Craft design, Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing, promotional materials/ marketing services, and other stuff (just ask me) and will contract my services for projects and other miscellaneous needs that may arise.

I know times are tough for everyone right now, and we really appreciate your help and prayers.

No comments: