Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I have a dream....

I have a dream that my house will miraculously clean itself! I have a dream that my children will be kind an loving to one another and to the dog! I have a dream that I can actually go to bed at 10:30 p.m., and sleep until 6:30 a.m.! I have a dream that I will wake up and feel invigorated enough to run 3 miles and then take a shower, get myself ready, get the kids ready for school, make lunches, eat a healthy, protein rich breakfast, take my kiddos to school and get there on time - all the while, accompanied by my little animal friends to the tune of "It's a Small World"!
I have a dream that someday, MY kids will know that we whities have to bust our butts twice as hard to get recognized because we don't have a race card to play, or the ACLU to back us up.

I have a dream that there is a 'second ending' to the so-called benediction of the Presidential Innauguration that wasn't so disrespectful to every race besides the African Americans.

Seriously, though, I was okay with everything - well - not even okay... I didn't like the musical number (Yo Yo Ma's tie was a clip on) and the Supreme Court Justice screwing up?.... but the "benediction" WOW!

I have had a total bummer of a week - I have been sick for most of it, kept my kids home sick for a day or so during it, had a root canal, and to boot... I'm behind on my laundry!

I did get a good book read though... "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and started on another one, "Water for Elephants." My goal is to read a book a week this year... I think I have enough on my list to make it until June of 2010!!! I am officially behind though, so I'll have to sneak in a couple of quick ones.

We had an awesome Christmas, and New Year... I will have to post some pictures, but right now, I feel like I'm so far behind, I'll never catch up. So, it might have to wait until next week. :) (or not... here's a few that we took before Christmas!)






4 comments:

Angela Zweifel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Zweifel said...

I am so with you on the inaguration! Did you know that Obama had the Justice come back to the white house later and he took the oath again. Just in case someone said he wasn't officially president because they messed up. The prayer sounded like a rap song more than a prayer. Your pictures are amazing. You guys look GREAT!

Quast Family said...

Oh my gosh I haven't seen your girls forever and they have changed so much! They are beautiful. I am sorry to hear about Roman's job - hopefully a great possibility/opening will come along soon.

StrongFamily said...

Such a beautiful family