Friday, November 7, 2008

Fluffy gets a trim

So did you all know we got kitties? Well, we did. About 2 weeks ago. A black one named Boots, and a grey one named Fluffy. Boy/Girl, respectively speaking, and owners Halle & Kati, also respectively speaking. :)
So, the poor kitties - they are just malled, and held all the time...

AND, did I say we're on Track Break also? Well, we are.

So, I was kind of proud of myself because I thought, "I survived the whole week - and so did both of my kids!!!

AND the rest of the school district was out of school today... so my friend and I decided to take our kiddos to HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3 today... kids totally lovd it... they were SO good this morning, did their chores without me nagging them to death, all in all... it was a pretty good day. We went to the 3:00 movie - went to our friends' house at 2:30... got home at about 5:30 ish.

So, we're having dinner, and the convo turns to cats' whiskers. Kati told me that Alison (friend) told her that cats need their whiskers and that they grow back. Oh - okay. Interesting conversation. Then, we're talking about the movie - our favorite parts, how was Roman's day, some what "typical" and then Kati said something else about cats' whiskers, and all of a sudden, I GET IT!!! I asked her, "Did you cut Fluffy's whiskers?" and she was very sheepishly hiding behind her pudding cup and just slightly nodded her head. What else could we do but laugh! So, we were laughing, and I just thought maybe she cut one or two whiskers... so we were trying to give her the lecture... and her comes the cat... so Roman hurried and picked her up to inspect the damage...
stubby whiskers...
normal whiskers...
So, I asked her what she used - did you just use the scissors? "No - I used the fingernail clippers!" Nice - the FINGERNAIL CLIPPERS!!! and then I looked a little closer at the poor kitty, and noticed a little chunk of fur around her eye that seemed kind of cut, and noticed she cut the whiskers off the eyebrow area as well! She said she didn't mean to cut the fur, it just happened when she clipped the eye whiskers!
I hope you are all laughing like we were... actually, I hope you're laughing MORE than we were... It's even funnier now... poor cat.

No comments: