Monday, December 15, 2008

life in the fast lane

Okay, so really... how fast can December go? This week is the last week before school is out! Christmas is NEXT WEEK! Which also leads me to point out that before Christmas, I will be officially a year older. And, how did the rumor get started that old people don't need very much sleep????? Wow! I can't get enough!


Last week was really a crazy week for us! We started off the week busy, and it got progressivly busier as the week went on. Friday night was our Ward Christmas Party. The best part of all was that we did the Nativity - the Primary Kids acted out the Nativity - we had practices, costumes, and everything! It was such an awesome experience... I hope my kids remember this, and then they can do it with their kids. I helped to organize the program, so it felt like I was front and center the whole time - which I really do not like, but I do it because nobody else will.





Halle was very cute as a Nephite, and Kati was very cute as an angel.
We had Shepherds, Wisemen, Angels, Nephites, Animals and of course Mary & Joseph. The ward choir sang along with us. We did it all to music and didn't use narration except at the beginning when we were explaining the Book of Mormon into the Christmas story.












We also saw Santa after the party. It was really fun. I SHUR hope Santa found a Wii for us... that's what Kati and Halle asked for. He winked at me, so I think he did (SHA-WOOOO!). I think Santa might bring another (additional) thing or two, but Wii 'll just have to see.



























These are some other pictures taken at home afterwards...













Are these kids CUTE or what?? No really... I know!!!

The craziest thing we did last week was get a DOG! Yes, you heard me right... we got a dog. We got another Pug. We named her Paprika, but since that's kind of hard to say, we're nicknaming her Pepper. Halle calls her Peppy... She's about 4-5 months old -her birthday is July 26, so whatever that makes her. She's really good though. Mostly housebroken! She LOVES - no LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVS Roman and Halle. When it's bed time, she runs up to Halle's room and just jumps up onto the bed with Halle like "okay, tuck us in now." We pull her off the bed and she just starts to cry. It's funny. She likes to hang out in our closet, and she has a little spot in the office where she hangs out when I'm in here working. She's not as crazy as the other ones were, but she does NOT like the snow!!!














Speaking of snow, it started to snow here Friday. OH. MY. GOSH. It. Is. COLD!
Wow doesn't even cut it for how cold it is. We're supposed to be in single digits by Thursday. I really don't like the cold. I don't mind the snow, but it's the driving on it that I really dislike.

Well, not much more to update on... oh, except Halle lost her glasses. Seriously, I know... this is the only picture I have with her in her glasses... $280. gone. I'm so sad.
We'll have to take a picture of our Christmas lights on the house, and post them. We did red, green and white. I love them!!! But that will have to be another day.
Love to you all....

No comments: