Thursday, December 4, 2008

December - already?

I KNOW!!! Can you believe it?? I haven't written anything for a month! I bet you're all just waiting to see what happens in our life next! :)

Well - since my last post, we have since gone back to school, and truly, IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR! I do say that with my tongue in cheek though, because I really do miss my gir-los being gone all day long. I had a sad, sad couple of days when the started back to school in August - both of them gone all day!? Now what do I do? It was like that a little this time, but it didn't last for a couple of days - by lunch time I think I was back to pretty normal, and then smiled when I realized I didn't have to make mac and cheese! HALLELUJAH!

So - what did we do during track break? Well, it was a mixture of a lot of things, but here's a re-cap...

Week 1 - November 2 thru 8... Disney on Ice cancelled (see thoughts in previous post), then we FINALLY went on Saturay the 8th. It really was a fun time. The kids enjoyed it, but so did Roman and I. They re-enacted the nighttime parade, but on the ice. It was very cool.
















Roman went "Turkey" shooting (it's a testosterone thing - they send these clay disk things in the air and call them pigeons, then shoot them, and then call the whole thing "TURKEY" shooting??) But, he had fun, so that's a good thing.

Week 2 - November 9 thru 15... This was an interesting week... so in late October, we got Halle's eyes checked because she had been complaining about headaches, and the eye dr. said that, yep, she needed glasses. So, during the FIRST week of break, I found a note in Kati's backpack that said she had had her standard vision screening at school, and that she needed her eyes checked also. Okay, SO now we're in the 2nd week, have eye dr. appts for she and I, and YEP - you guessed it -- SHE needs glasses too! So, we got those ordered, Halle's ordered, and I had my standard yearly eye check up. The dr. tried a new pair of contacts for me - they were terrible... then tried another pair - those were a step up from terrible, but never the less, I tried them... check back in a minute for the rest of the story.

Roman was busy with school (he's taking a Finance class), and I had a follow up dentist appointment where I was cleared from gingivitis in 2 of the 2 areas of my gums they were concerned about. (Hallelujah!)

We played with friends this week, here and at their house, and of course, we can't forget the crowning-jewel-event of November!

HALLE's BIRTHDAY!!!














We had a great time on Halle' Birthday! We had a birthday breakfast, where we had Crepes, (Halle's FAVORITE FOOD EVER!) eggs, bacon, and instead of a cake, we had candles in MONKEY Bread! It was very good... too good as a matter of fact! :)

Week 3 - November 16 thru 22 found us quite busy. I taught piano lessons on Monday, Kati had activity days on Tuesday, Roman and I had a dinner on Tuesday, meetings and such on Wednesday, a Dr. appt. for Kati on Thursday, and... by Friday, we were pooped. It did not change the fact that the kids LOVE to play - every spare minute they could, the did! This is just one of their "games" that they played... I can't remember the name of it, but they sure look like they are having fun! :)



Seriously, I know!











Week 4 - Nov 23 thru 29 - well, it was Thanksgiving of course, but we were busy... Kati & Halle got their glasses (no pictures yet - sorry!) and they are very cute!! Kati looks much older, and so does Halle. I was ultra busy trying to get some vinyl done for a few people who had company coming during the break. it looks pretty cool, eh?













This is Stephanie's bonus room - she wanted to make it look like a pilot's lounge - her hubby is a pilot - and so clocks to represent different time zones/cities, and then a beautiful floating frame below that says, "And I think to myself... What a Wonderful World." I just LOVE that!!! I think it turned out MARVELOUS!!!

We had Thanksgiving dinner with Mom & Dad, Aunt Jen & Uncle Josh, Me, Roman, Kati & Halle. Food was delicious, and company was even better! It was a good day, and I only gained 2 pounds! (which are officially OFF as of this morning!!! - it only took a week!)

The weekend came and went, and we got our Christmas decorations out, watched some Christmas movies - Fred Claus - HILARIOUS - LOVE, Christmas Vacation - STILL FUNNY after all these years, LOVE, A Christmas Story -LOVE, and Elf - yeah -that's pretty funny, too. It was a great weekend.

Oh yeah - Fred, our elf, came to visit also. He's a spy for Santa Claus. So far he's broken up a few fights, and helped the kids to be on time for school. Which is always a good thing.


Oh, the saddest news of all... I have allergies to cat litter, and Halle has allergies to CATS. We had to give our little kitties to a new family. We were so sad, but all agreed that it was the best thing for our family. My poor heart aches for my kids when I think about it. I hope they don't have scars that they deal with for the rest of their life.

So this week... it's Monday morning, track break is over, kids are back in school, and I FINALLY got a pair of contacts that are correcting my vision correctly! Yes, only a month, but I shall not complain - I am blessed with the magnificent world of contact lenses to begin with, and I am grateful.

This month looks like it will present it's own busy-ness... Parties, cards, carolling, craft night, birthdays, weddings, all kinds of stuff... hopefully it won't be a month before I post again... well, I know it won't be, because I have to finish another post that is in draft form right now, AND put some pictures of our cute house lights up for you to see!

love to you all...

No comments: